For sale by informal tender – closing date for offers Friday 8th October by 12 noon. The property is offered for sale as A whole or in separate lots as follows;
lot 2 – thorner lodge barn – offers in excess of £450,000
The sale of Thorner Lodge Barn offers a rare opportunity to acquire a detached barn with the benefit of planning consent to convert to a separate 3 bedroom dwelling with double garage . The property sits within gardens bounded by a small stream enjoying views over open greenbelt countryside. The property occupies an established position in the small agricultural hamlet of Sandhills on the southern fringe of the sought after village of Thorner. Thorner supports a broad range of amenities, sports clubs, a general store, two public houses, a restaurant as well as a highly regarded primary school. Leeds Grammar school in Alwoodley and Gateways School at Harewood are both within easy reach. The market town of Wetherby is only 15 minutes’ drive from the properties offering a wide range of amenities including supermarkets, shops and further recreational facilities. There is excellent access to the principal Yorkshire centres of Leeds, Harrogate and York with the A1(M) and A64 motorways 3 miles to the east and the M1 and regional motorway infrastructure 6 miles to the south.
Thorner Lodge Barn – Lot 2
Located in the southwest corner of the grounds of Thorner Lodge is a two-storey detached stone barn overlooking the adjoining countryside. On the 1st July 2020 Leeds City Council granted full planning permission for partial demolition and change of use of barn to form a separate 3 bedroom dwelling with double garage to involve construction of single storey side and rear extensions. Application number 20-00846-fu. Copies of the approved plans and elevations and all of the associated documents relevant to the development are available on the Leeds Planning Portal - .
All plans attached to theses sales particulars are for identification purposes only. The site plans shows the boundaries for Lot 1 in red and Lot 2 in blue. There is also a separate form with the conditions of the tender process, detailing the information which will be required from all interested parties to be included with their submission.
As a result of the considerable interest which has been expressed in the above, our clients have instructed us to invite best and final offers for the freehold interest on the following basis:-
1. All offers should be in writing and should reach Carter Jonas’ Harrogate office by 12 noon on Friday 8th October 2021 in a sealed envelope clearly marked with the offeree name(s) and “Offer for Thorner Lodge and Thorner Lodge Barn, Thorner”.
Offers may be submitted via email to which, upon receipt, will be printed and placed in a sealed envelope on your behalf. Please ensure the title of the email is marked as detailed above.
2. Offers may be made for the whole of the property as described in the attached sales particulars, or in separate lots being Thorner Lodge Lot 1 or Thorner Lodge Barn Lot 2.
3. Your offer should be for a fixed sum - escalating or accumulating bids will not be considered. It is suggested that offers should be for an uneven figure so as to avoid identical offers.
4. All offers should give an indication as to whether such offers are subject to the sale of any other property or any special conditions.
5. An indication and proof should also be given as to the source and availability of the necessary finance to complete a purchase.
6. The successful offeree will be required to exchange contracts no later than Friday 5th November 2021. A legal pack will be provided to help facilitate this
7. Details of the solicitor who will be acting should be stated within your offer letter.
8. Offers will be submitted to our clients immediately after the tender date and we will endeavour to advise you as to the outcome as soon as possible.
9. Our client does not undertake to accept the highest or, indeed, any offer.
If you have any queries regarding the closing date or any other matters, please do not hesitate to contact Simon Wright on .
|Property Type||%||Avg. current value||Avg. # beds||Avg. # bathrooms|
|End terrace house||2.4%||£168,750||2.8||1.3|
|Property Type||1 Bed||2 Beds||3 Beds||4 Beds||5 Beds|
|Houses||-||£191,678 (28)||£213,734 (70)||£422,971 (37)||£1,429,625 (4)|
|Flats||£107,921 (7)||£122,737 (19)||£300,000 (1)||-||-|
|All||£107,921 (7)||£163,808 (47)||£214,949 (71)||£422,971 (37)||£1,429,625 (4)|