26th Oct 2020
26th Aug 2021
- Type: End terrace house
- Bedrooms: 3
- Listing status: sale
- Country: England
Offered chain free. This is a very rare opportunity to purchase an individual home that is steeped in history. Dating back to the 1880’s and offering a wonderful blend of original and contemporary features, Hunters are delighted to market this unique three-bedroom character cottage which is nestled in a peaceful and idyllic cul-de-sac setting next to Calverley Woods. With the nearby canal and countryside walks on your doorstep this really is an excellent chance to escape to the country whilst having a vast array of amenities just a short distance away.
A 10 minute walk away is Apperley Bridge railway station with frequent trains to Leeds city centre taking approximately 10 minutes. With Horsforth, Rawdon and Greengates close by you are truly spoilt for choice as far as locations go and get the best of both worlds, being rural yet extremely well connected to transport links, shopping facilities and good local schooling.
Some of this incredible home’s features include:
• Entrance porch with newly fitted bespoke storage cupboards.
• Living kitchen which is the epitome of open plan living. A lovely space to cook, eat and entertain and the dining area has been a useful workspace during lockdown in addition to the study upstairs. There is an excellent range of eye and base level units with high quality cabinetry and worksurfaces. Offering a distinctively countrified feel with exposed beams and dual aspect windows the kitchen offers a host of integral appliances with a dishwasher, fridge, oven and gas hob to name a few and will suit the aspiring cooks amongst you. There is a really useful separate utility space under the stairs which has plumbing for a washing machine and space for the less glamourous things in life. Glazed French doors lead to:
• A jaw dropping extension which has been sensitively added by skilled architects to this historical home, creating one of the best living spaces we have seen for a while. Post lock down people have really been assessing their own four walls and this incredible addition with amazing cubic capacity is truly a room for all the family to enjoy. The room is befitting of a ‘Country Life’ feature article with vaulted ceilings, exposed beams and two strategically placed Velux windows mean than natural light crashes through the elevated roof making this an enviable living environment to say the very least. With French doors opening up the space to the rear garden in the warmer months, you have a multi seasonal room. With a beautiful gas feature fire, this is also an excellent option for cosy nights in.
• Spacious downstairs snug/playroom which is a truly versatile space depending on your household’s requirements with beautiful original stone mullion windows, double depth custom fitted cupboards also provide an abundance of storage space. It could also be used as a guest bedroom if required.
• To the first floor there is a lovely landing with loft access and airing cupboard leading to an impressive master bedroom with excellent newly fitted bespoke wardrobes which will suit the busiest of fashionistas! Stone mullion windows overlooking the rear garden, along with exposed beams add to the character of the room.
• Bedroom two is currently used as a nursey but is a modest double with in-built storage cupboard.
• The third bedroom upstairs currently used as the study, albeit on paper it is a single bedroom.
• The modern and well presented family bathroom is a four-piece suite with separate bath and shower. There is also underfloor heating.
• Externally there are front and rear gardens along with off street parking in front of the garage which is en-bloc. There is a power and water supply to the garage as well as boarded out storage space into the eaves.
If you would like to book a viewing please review the virtual tour as your first viewing and assess the floor plan to make sure the layout meets your requirements. Please then contact us and we will gladly show you around. Along with government guidance during Covid 19 you must be able to be in a position to offer and purchase the property should you like it. Therefore only proceed-able parties will be invited to view, please do not hesitate to contact us for clarification.
Local info for BD10