16th Sep 2020
24th Sep 2020
- Type: Detached house
- Bedrooms: 3
- Listing status: sale
- Country: England
A home that can grow with you … full planning permission granted!
Situated in a quiet backwater of Horsforth village and within close proximity to Kirkstall Forge railway station Hunters are delighted to market this charming three bedroom detached family home located in an elevated position with commanding views over the vale towards the Leeds Bradford canal. The location is idyllic and the setting of this truly one-off home could not be more picturesque. A hand built dry stone wall with feature blue Scottish post box off sets this wonderful home from the quiet roadside and creates a beautifully landscaped south facing front and side garden. To the right-hand side of the property there is an incredibly private south facing sun terrace which naturally flows into the kitchen making this ideal for the summer months and is a real suntrap. In addition to all of this there is off-street parking for two vehicles and a large single garage with electric roller door for bike storage and car.
The current owners have grand designs for this house and full planning has been passed to create a four-bedroom, three bathroom home with a playroom, downstairs W.C, utility room and extended living kitchen. Full plans are available as well as cad drawings from Wren Kitchens for all interested parties and costings are available upon request. The plans are detailed however could be altered to suit your personal specification.
Internally the house continues to impress and the principle living rooms are all geared towards the front of the house with open vistas over stunning countryside. As the seasons change so does the view and the picture postcard views adapt and change with the climate.
Some of this home’s excellent features include:
• Entrance hallway which is flanked by the living kitchen and living room.
• Bay fronted living kitchen – A fabulous space with a dual aspect windows so naturally flooded with light, with open views to the front and sliding door access to the side sun terrace creating a wonderful sense of space. There is an excellent range of eye and base level units and granite work surfacing. The storage space on offer is highly impressive and every last square inch has been cleverly used with intricate storage solutions such as pull out larders and corner units. There is a huge recess space for an American Style fridge freezer, and electric oven and a halogen four ring hob. There is a particularly commodious under stairs storage cupboard for ironing boards and hoovers etc. The dining space is as equally pleasing with more than enough room for a four-seater dining table. The planning permission in place would extend the kitchen to the side and incorporate a utility space and W.C into the existing space with a central island and seating area. Bi fold doors would take you out to the sun terrace.
• Bay fronted Living Room – What a beautiful room and such amazing proportions - as family rooms go they do not get much better than this and the views over open countryside are amazing. It is a very calming space and it is an excellent space to relax and unwind.
• Conservatory – This is an exceptional space, deceptively large and incredibly flexible. It is carpeted with a radiator so heat controlled and has French doors to the south facing gardens. It is currently used as a playroom and office and works wonderfully as a segregation zone away from the main house containing noise or giving privacy to those working from home. It is opaque glazed in areas for privacy and transparent where there are lovely views. The planning permission would build a single storey solid structure over the conservatory footprint to create a large double bedroom/home office with an ensuite and a separate playroom.
• Upstairs there is a split-level landing with airing cupboard with a combi boiler fitted in 2018 under a seven year warrantee.
• Bedroom one is a good sized double to the front of the house and has lovely views. The planning permission in place that would add a dressing room and an ensuite to this space.
• Bedroom two is a good size double bedroom and enjoys far reaching views.
• Bedroom three is a well-proportioned single bedroom.
• There is a three-piece family bathroom with boiler fed shower over the bath.
• Externally to the front of the property there is a large front garden offset from the road by a beautiful hand built dry stone wall and an area of fencing. The dry-stone wall on the garden side has lovely recesses built into it for candle lit lanterns at night which are a lovely idea. The current owners made sure this was a secure and defined boundary so that children can play at the front of the home, the plot itself is deceptively large and south facing. To the side of the house there is a small vegetable patch and somewhere to live off the fat of the land!
• To the side of this excellent family home there is an extremely private and expansive sun terrace which has access to the kitchen via a sliding door. This is naturally a fantastically sociable space and will be the likely scene of barbeques and long summer days in the sun. It is lovely to have this space as it is a real suntrap and still benefits from the outstanding views to the front.
• There is a detached single garage with an electric roller door and two off street parking spaces.
It is very rare that a detached family home with so much scope to enhance and extend makes it to the open market. It is a home you can grow and adapt with over time and the position could not be better. As selling agents we are anticipating a high level of interest so call today to book your viewing.
Local info for LS18