29th Jul 2020
30th Jul 2020
- Type: End terrace house
- Bedrooms: 2
- Listing status: sale
- Country: England
Hunters are delighted to market this outstanding Grade II listed country cottage situated in the heart of the village of Rodley. Offering two double bedrooms and good access to local transport links, the property could not be better situated. There are many local amenities on offer in nearby Horsforth, Calverley and Pudsey, as well as popular schools. Just nearby, the River Aire the Leeds/ Liverpool Canal and the award winning Rodley Nature Reserve provide for those Sunday afternoon adventures and walks with the family!
Steeped in character yet sensitively refurbished this wonderful home retains much of its 18th century character and splendour whilst offering some far more modern touches in the kitchen and bathroom, which are a wonderful blend of "old meets new." This home will score highly with those keen on attention to detail as the work carried out has been meticulously done and the craftsmanship is phenomenal.
Some of this gorgeous cottage’s features include:
• Characterful entrance hallway with exposed stone wall.
• Living room with exposed beams, feature inglenook fireplace with beautiful cast iron, gas fired stove, oak floorboards and the most delightful of window seats. There is a designated dining area toward the kitchen which is an excellent space for entertaining.
• Country style kitchen with excellent range of eye and base level units, Belfast style ceramic sink and plumbing for a dishwasher and washing machine. There is a beautiful lead glazed door to the rear and a passageway that leads to:
• Downstairs W.C which is very useful to have, and a large custom built storage cupboard that has power for a freezer or tumble dryer.
• To the first floor there are two well-proportioned double bedrooms, the master being particularly impressive with custom built fitted wardrobes and bedroom two benefiting from dual aspect windows.
• The four piece family bathroom is opulent to say the very least with a freestanding bath and separate shower cubicle.
• To the second floor is a large and extremely useful loft space, with drop down step ladder. It is fully boarded and provides excellent additional storage.
• Externally there is a cobbled area to the front of the property with raised planters enabling you to live off the fat of the land. The gardens are in keeping with the cottage’s appeal and low maintenance in nature and offer a good variety of Yorkshire flag stone and a beautiful decked side patio.
Character lovers will have to move fast with this one. A property of this ilk is seldom found so call to view today.
Local info for LS13