1st Feb 2020
30th Mar 2022
- Listing status: sale
- Country: England
Hunters are delighted to offer this rare opportunity to the market; development land totalling 5.36 acres, which once formed part of the Shibden Hall Estate owned by the Lister family. Nestled in the historic Shibden Valley and one of West Yorkshire's most desirable residential locations with planning permission for fourteen large detached houses, the position and location is fantastic offering stunning views along the picturesque Shibden Valley. The land is situated on the outskirts of Hipperholme village with a good selection of shops, bars and restaurants; combined with excellent motorway access to both Leeds and Manchester, plus ideally placed for access to nearby towns of Halifax and Brighouse, there are amenities nearby including:
* Good access to Ofsted “outstanding” rated Grammar Schools
* Hipperholme Grammar School (Private) - less than 1 mile
* Lightcliffe Primary School - less than 1.5 miles
* Salterlee Primary School - less than 2 miles
* Halifax railway station with direct links to London, Manchester and Leeds - 2 miles
* Brighouse railway station with direct links to London, Manchester and Leeds - 3 miles
* Grand Central train operator – providing direct train services to London - Awarded No. 1 as
Britain's Favourite Long Distance Train Operator
* Good access to 3 International Airports (Leeds/Bradford, Manchester and Doncaster)
* M62 & M1 road links
* Shibden Hall Museum and Shibden Park - Ancestral home of Anne Lister - featured in the successful 2019 bbc TV / hbo drama " Gentleman Jack " - less than ½ mile walk.
* Fantastic nearby country walks / bridleways throughout the Shibden Valley including the Magna Via
* Country bars, restaurants and country inns all nearby including the award winning Shibden Mill Inn
* Golf, cricket, rugby, football and pony clubs, plus Swimrite Leisure and a dry ski slope all nearby
The submitted plans are for a private gated development of fourteen detached executive homes with integral garages and enclosed gardens.
Planning Information can be obtained from Calderdale Council website reference; 15/01689/ful.
** viewings strictly by appointment through hunters property group **
* Distances are approximate *
Local info for HX3