Constructed in 1912 and originally named New Old Mill, Royal Mills was renamed following a visit by King George VI and Queen Elizabeth in 1942. Adjacent the newly rejuvinated Rochdale Canal, this iconic building is steeped in history and is arguably one of Manchester's finest conversions. Part of the Ancoats Urban Village regeneration scheme, the conservation area in which it lies has been considered for World Heritage Status and is fastly becoming an area of immense popularity. The increasing interest in Ancoats has welcomed the rise of many local amenities and New Islington Free School which is opposite the development.
The internal atrium houses a 24 hr concierge service, the Ancoats Coffee Company and an Artisan market that operates on the first Saturday of every month.
Property briefly comprises: Entrance/hallway with storage cupboard; open plan lounge/diner with corner aspect and views onto the Rochdale Canal; third double bedroom with sliding door onto lounge which offers a fantastic work from home space; kitchen with two integrated smeg ovens, Induction hob, coffee machine, two tier Fisher & Paykell dishwasher, Quocker tap providing instant boiling water; master bedroom with access to en suite bathroom; second double bedroom; Shower room/guest bathroom.
Located on the third floor with corner aspect, canal views and the use of an underground car parking space, this property has been recently refurbished to a high standard and will not fail to impress the next occupier.
Annual service charge: £3,513.42
Ground rent: £175.00
Length of lease: 148 years from 2004
To mitigate the risk of covid-19 and to maintain the health and wellbeing of the public and our staff, Goodwin Fish understand the most recent Government Guidance relating to viewings and have implemented the following viewing procedure:
• Interested parties must confirm they have watched the Virtual Tour of the property before agreeing to a viewing.
• Only 1 person can view the property.
• The viewer will be contacted on the day of the viewing to confirm they are still attending and whether they have had symptoms of Coronavirus within the last 14 days. If the viewer confirms they have had symptoms of Coronavirus within the last 14 days, the viewing will not go ahead.
• The viewer must wear gloves, a face mask and bring with them hand sanitizer. Goodwin Fish have the right to deny access to the viewer should they not be wearing gloves, a face mask or be carrying hand sanitizer.
• The viewer must adhere to social distancing rules at all time.
• When the viewer enters the property, they will not be allowed to touch doors, windows, or surfaces.
Thank you for helping us keep you and our staff safe.
For further advice on moving home during this time please visit:
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
|Property Type||%||Avg. current value||Avg. # beds||Avg. # bathrooms|
|Block of flats||0.1%||£170,000||0||0|
|Property Type||1 Bed||2 Beds||3 Beds||4 Beds||5 Beds|
|Houses||£140,000 (1)||£241,246 (12)||£200,000 (1)||£473,000 (3)||-|
|Flats||£162,560 (375)||£238,087 (297)||£396,071 (14)||£799,950 (1)||-|
|All||£162,500 (376)||£238,210 (309)||£383,000 (15)||£554,738 (4)||-|