12th Oct 2018
13th Oct 2018
- Listing status: sale
- Country: England
• Seaside cottage set in an enviable position in Port Gaverne
• Three bedrooms, two bathrooms (one en-suite).
• Currently a successful holiday let with excellent letting history.
• Raised decking with views out to sea.
• Private parking for two vehicles.
• In all approximately 1170 Sq. Ft. (109 sq. M)
The Rockies is a quintessential seaside Cornish Cottage, whitewashed and slate roofed, it sits in a unique position enjoying outstanding views into the cove of Port Gaverne and out to sea. This characterful cottage retains many original features including beams and flagstone slate floors. With parking for up to two cars and a raised terraced to the rear, Rockies is ideally positioned to enjoy some of Cornwall’s finest coastline.
The pretty coastal village of Port Gaverne lies along one of the most rugged stretches of North Cornwall coastline that runs
between the Camel Estuary at Rock right the way up to Trebarwith Strand. The village consists of a small and picturesque collection of cottages and houses along with an idyllic cove and the Port Gaverne Hotel. At low tide there is a small, sheltered, sandy beach with an abundance of rock pools. The beach at Port Gaverne is one of the safest beaches in North Cornwall, perfect for swimming.
A short walk from neighbouring Port Isaac, The Rockies sits in a peaceful spot and is far enough from the centre of either village to be disturbed. Port Isaac is a thriving and busy fishing village which is internationally renowned for its association with the television series ‘Doc Martin’. The village offers a wide range of facilities including primary school, doctor’s surgery, shops, pubs, hotels and restaurants including two of Nathan Outlaw's establishments where he holds three Michelin stars.
Port Gaverne is superbly located to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities available at close range including coastal walking, golf, horse riding and water sports in the leisure resort of Rock.
The property is accessed through the parking area to slate steps leading up to front door into (please see floorplan for configuration):
• Entrance hall with storage cupboard
• Open plan kitchen/dining/living room with sea views
• Double bedroom with sea views
• Sitting room with views over the Cove and access to decking
• Spacious hallway
• 2 bedrooms, 1 en-suite both with sea views
• Shower room and WC
Mains water and electricity. Private drainage. Oil fired central heating.
Local info for PL29