This incredibly stylish and immaculately presented two-bedroom conversion is situated in the heart of the Dowanhill district and is exceptionally well placed for local amenities on the nearby Byres Road.
The property forms the first-floor position of a handsome south facing blonde sandstone terraced townhouse which was built between 1872 and 1878 and it boasts excellent natural light, really comfortable proportions and original features such as the elegant ornate cornicing and impressive fireplace in the main front room.
The property includes the rather spectacular original drawing room of the townhouse which has a beautiful view along Huntly Gardens and across to the magnificent residents’ pleasure gardens which were designed in terraces and run from the top of Huntly Gardens down to the ornate Kelvinside Hillhead Parish Church.
Internally the apartment is in exceptional order and has been comprehensively modernised. Notable features include a bright modern kitchen in the “L” shaped section of the drawing room, a contemporary shower room with Porcelanosa tiles and an en suite W.C off the second bedroom. We would also highlight the replacement of double glazed, sash and case window to the front of the property and also in bedroom one.
• Security entry system to communal entrance hallway.
• Reception hall accessed through wooden panelled door. Wooden flooring.
• Large utility room/store off the reception hall.
• Magnificent main drawing room with three section bay window to the front, herringbone hardwood flooring, focal point fireplace with wood burning stove and ornate cornice.
• Open plan fitted kitchen with window to the front, herringbone hardwood flooring, integral oven, microwave, fridge freezer, induction hob and extractor. Free standing dishwasher.
• Contemporary shower room with Porcelanosa tiles off the hall.
• Bedroom one with three section bay window to the rear. Built-in wardrobes.
• Bedroom two with window to the rear.
• En suite W.C off bedroom two.
• Access to beautiful resident’s gardens.
Council Tax Band: D
EPC Rating: C
Council Tax Band: D
|Property Type||%||Avg. current value||Avg. # beds||Avg. # bathrooms|
|Property Type||1 Bed||2 Beds||3 Beds||4 Beds||5 Beds|
|Houses||-||-||£488,000 (3)||£270,000 (1)||-|
|Flats||£199,000 (6)||£258,967 (31)||£322,720 (25)||£425,999 (5)||-|
|All||£199,000 (6)||£258,967 (31)||£340,429 (28)||£399,999 (6)||-|