This very stylish and luxurious three-bedroom warehouse conversion offers contemporary loft living. The apartment is exceptionally generous at circa 1715 sq ft, beautifully refurbished and upgraded during its current ownership. The sixth floor apartment forms part of the iconic Speirs Wharf Development and is conveniently located on the edge of Glasgow’s City Centre, overlooking the Forth & Clyde Canal and beyond. The wharf buildings date back to 1846 and were converted to a mix of residential and commercial use in the 1980s which has proved to be a popular location due to proximity to the City Centre, the West End and the excellent transport links via the M8 motorway.
The interior is immaculately presented with notable highlights including a refitted luxury kitchen with centre island, open plan to living area with feature living flame fire set below media wall and offering west facing aspects over the canal and city skyline from a recessed, double pane sash windows, stairs lead to a lower mezzanine dining room of over 20 ft, there are three very well proportioned double bedrooms all with fitted wardrobes, refitted shower room and refitted en suite bathroom, there are original pillar features in both the living room and bedrooms which evidence the buildings history. The development also boasts a deli restaurant, a spa, off street parking, residents’ gym, and residents’ indoor heated swimming pool
• Security video entry phone system; communal entrance hall; lift and stair access.
• Welcoming L-shaped reception hall with utility cupboard and store cupboard, grey laminate wooden flooring and offering access to all main apartments.
• Luxury refitted kitchen area is set back from the living space and is complete with grey laminate wooden flooring, a centre island, a range of base and wall units, integrated oven, hob, hood and dishwasher.
• Fabulous main living room with recessed windows to front, feature fireplace within media wall and grey carpeted floorcovering.
• Stairs lead to a lower mezzanine room, open plan to the living space, this has a west facing window and grey laminate wooden flooring
• Generous refitted luxury shower room with white suite, walk in shower cubicle, toilet, wash hand basin in set to vanity unit and is fully tiled to walls and flooring in grey tones.
• Principle double bedroom one spans over 22’3” has fitted mirrored wardrobes, grey carpeted flooring, recessed window facing east with secondary glazing unit for sound and heat insulation and a stylish re-fitted en suite bathroom comprising L-shaped bathtub with over bath shower, toilet and wash hand basin in set to vanity unit and beautifully tiled to main walls and flooring.
• Bedroom two is a double sized room currently set up as a sizeable home office, there are fitted wardrobes, recessed window facing east and with grey carpeted flooring.
• Bedroom three has fitted double wardrobe, large storage cupboard, grey carpeted flooring and recessed window facing west.
• The property has a modern electric heating system comprising modern panel heaters, it has double glazing, a residents’ gym and swimming pool and off-street parking.
Speirs Wharf warehouse building were originally constructed in 1846 and finished externally in a blonde sandstone façade, situated on the banks of the Forth and Clyde Canal is conveniently located for access to the City Centre, the Merchant City, Financial District, and all West End amenities including Glasgow University, Botanic Gardens and Kelvingrove Park & Art Galleries. The property is in close proximity to Strathclyde & Caledonian Universities, the Glasgow School of Art, Royal Conservatoire and the Merchant City offering a wealth of amenities including both general and specialist shopping, wine bars and many highly acclaimed restaurants. The area benefits from proximity to Cowcaddens Underground and to nearby M8 motorway network ensuring good commuter access throughout the Central Belt.
From George Square proceed North onto North Hanover Street. Turn left onto Dobbie’s Loan continuing onto Craighall Road. Proceed through the roundabout, continuing on Craighall Road. Turn left into Speirs Wharf with number 46 towards the end of the building on the right-hand side
Council Tax Band: G
EPC Rating: D
Council Tax Band: G
|Property Type||%||Avg. current value||Avg. # beds||Avg. # bathrooms|
|Property Type||1 Bed||2 Beds||3 Beds||4 Beds||5 Beds|
|Houses||£29,500 (1)||-||-||-||£346,000 (1)|
|Flats||£154,214 (14)||£201,138 (29)||£284,999 (5)||-||-|
|All||£145,900 (15)||£201,138 (29)||£284,999 (5)||-||£346,000 (1)|