• Extended Detached Bungalow in sizeable garden.
• Located within Kessington/ Killermont district.
• 3 Bedrooms and 2 spacious Public Rooms.
• Modern Kitchen, Shower Room, and WC.
• UPVC double glazing, Gas CH, large Garage
• In a quiet and leafy avenue.
• Killermont Primary and Boclair Academy catchment.
• South facing rear garden.
Set proudly on Second Avenue and amid a sizeable garden that is south facing at the rear a pre-war Detached Bungalow, built by John Lawrence. The house has two significant rear extensions to provide a large lounge and a surprisingly spacious dining room, open plan to the kitchen. Bedroom 3 is on the first floor, has a dormer window to the front (from which there is quite a wide vista) and beside which a useful WC.
The property is in excellent order and is well equipped with white framed UPVC double glazed windows and a gas central heating system, with a Potterton combination boiler (Platinum 33 ErP).
Our clients purchased the property in 2016 following which a program of modernising, upgrading and redecoration was undertaken – décor, floor coverings, internal doors, kitchen, shower room and WC. Outside a new garden fence was erected around the rear garden. They have made it into a fine home.
The garden plot is generous, and quite wide. Second Avenue is noted for having houses only on one side and, not being a short cut, is a particularly quite location. A wide front driveway (monobloc) provides off street parking for a number of cars and this leads to a larger than standard (wide and long) garage that has an electric garage door (this can only now be operated from inside by the manual button, the remote controller long since lost. Clients may, therefore, wish to install a new mechanism).
It is a property that will very much suit families along with couples too, its location great for schooling and for easily accessing local amenities.
• Vestibule – with double glazed outer and inner doors.
• Hall – t-shaped. Two hall cupboards
• Lounge – a sizeable room with double glazed French doors and windows overlooking the rear garden
• Dining Room – this is one of the extensions in the house and is a spacious area with a very broad bay window arrangement and a back door (also double glazed) to the rear garden.
• Kitchen – with white high gloss units and contrasting wood style worktops. Appliances include: 5 burner gas hob, oven, and filter cooker hood. Additionally, there is an integrated dishwasher and, free standing, a washing machine, tumble dryer, and fridge freezer.
• Bedroom 1 – with bay window to the front and small side window. Triple – width wardrobe fitted.
• Bedroom 2 – Also with bay window to the front. Triple – width wardrobe fitted
• Shower Room – Modern suite. Wetwall panelling, oversized shower enclosure with a thermostatic shower with deluge and hand showerheads
• Staircase to upper landing
• Bedroom 3 – Dormer window to front plus Velux window to rear. Access to a sizeable attic/eaves storage area (floored)
• WC – Modern white suite
• To the front the wide monobloc driveway. Curving and front brick garden walls. Grass section and beds. To the rear a more sizeable area lying mainly to grass, all enclosed by fencing and hedges. Long raised bed. Two patios. Greenhouse.
Sat Nav Ref: G61 2LR
Tenure : Freehold
EPC : Band D
Council Tax : Band G
|Property Type||%||Avg. current value||Avg. # beds||Avg. # bathrooms|
|End terrace house||13.6%||£247,333||3.2||1.3|
|Property Type||1 Bed||2 Beds||3 Beds||4 Beds||5 Beds|
|Houses||-||£213,700 (10)||£305,824 (17)||£388,800 (5)||£528,333 (3)|
|Flats||£174,000 (1)||£288,000 (5)||£213,000 (3)||-||-|
|All||£174,000 (1)||£238,467 (15)||£291,900 (20)||£388,800 (5)||£528,333 (3)|