6th Sep 2022
6th Sep 2022
- Type: Detached house
- Bedrooms: 3
- Listing status: sale
- Country: Scotland
• Three bedroomed Detached House.
• Within the admired Thorn district.
• Glorious south facing rear garden.
• Nearby Thorn Park, Tennis Club and Bearsden Golf Course.
• Half mile west of Bearsden Cross.
• Everest double glazing.
• Gas central heating.
• Double sized tandem garage.
A post-war Detached House by Wimpey Homes in a much-admired address within the Thorn district of Bearsden. Brick built, it sits amidst a large level plot that has a wonderful, and very private, south facing rear garden.
With five apartments it affords two public rooms and three bedrooms and is a home that would suit couples and families alike. The extensive rear garden would readily allow, as others have done subject to planning approvals, to extend the house to provide further accommodation with little or no compromise to the space afforded in the garden.
Finished in roughcast the house has a pitched and tiled roof with soffits and fascias replaced in white UPVc. Windows were replaced in 1990 with quality double glazed units by Everest, the front door/screen and back door replaced, by a different manufacturer, in 2001. To the east side of the house is an attached large tandem style garage with rear and side windows (single glazed) and an access door to the back garden. The garage has power and light installed. Heating is mains gas with a Glow Worm system boiler with Smart Meter. The property’s attic is insulated, floored, and is accessed by a pull-down loft ladder.
In terms of accommodation, this can be summarised as follows:
• Entrance Hall – UPVc double glazed front door and side screen this features a staircase to the upper floor and has an understair storage cupboard.
• Lounge – Bay window to the front and an additional east facing side window. At the focal point of the room is a painted fire surround with marble inlay and hearth and the luxury of a real fire. Double doors with matching side screens open to provide access to the dining room.
• Dining Room – Three framed window to the rear overlooking the beautiful back garden.
• Kitchen – A range of light oak style Shaker units with contrasting granite style worktops into which is set a stainless-steel sink. Appliances include a halogen hob, filter cooker hood, oven, washing machine and fridge freezer.
A staircase ascends to an upper hall which has side gable window and hatch to the attic.
• Bedroom 1 – A generous main bedroom with three framed window to the front and running along the main wall fitted mirrored wardrobes.
• Bedroom 2 – Double sized room with three framed window overlooking the back garden. Double width wardrobe provision.
• Bedroom 3 – A single room with window to the front. Storage cupboard over the stairhead.
• Bathroom – With white suite, electric shower set over the bath.
The front garden has a rendered garden wall to the front above which there is a mixed hedge for privacy. A concrete drive provides off road parking for one car or two smaller cars and this leads to the tandem garage. A slabbed pathway provides access to the front door and then there is a further concrete pathway around the side of the house via a gate to the rear garden. There is a shaped lawn at the front with a central bed with east and west boundaries defined by hedgerows.
The rear garden is perhaps the ‘star of the show’ and is a wonderful and extensive space all enclosed by hedgerows and fencing. It is laid mainly to lawn central to which is a mature cherry blossom. Immediately to the back of the house is a timber sun deck with water tap and at the bottom of the plot, a further slabbed patio. Surrounding the garden are impressively stocked borders and beds and is just a delight. Upon it is an aluminium framed greenhouse.
The property falls within the Thorn district of Bearsden, which is one of the town’s most sought after. It is nearby the excellent facility of Thorn Park as well as Thorn Tennis Club and just around the corner from Bearsden Golf Course. For those with children the school catchment is at Castlehill Primary with Secondary provision at the top performing (Ranked Number Two State Secondary in Scotland) Bearsden Academy. Also within Bearsden is St Nicholas’s Primary, Bearsden Early Learning Centre, and the private High School of Glasgow Junior School.
Bearsden Cross is just half a mile or so to the east and here you will find an excellent cross section of shops and amenities and just south of The Cross is Bearsden Railway Station with its regular links into Glasgow’s West End and City Centre including a service to Edinburgh Waverley.
Sat nav ref: G61 4BH
Council Tax Band F
EPC Band E
EPC Rating: E
Council Tax Band: F
Local info for G61