With lovely private side views, this unique and impressive two-level home forms part of a remarkable mid nineteenth century detached villa
Situated to the right hand side of number 5 Kensington Road, this is an incredibly desirable property which is over two levels (ground and first floor) and very much feels like a ”House Within a House”. House 3 is well proportioned, yet comfortable and the interior has many notable features including a lovely main lounge with bay window and focal point fireplace, a “high end” Clive Christian fitted kitchen, a downstairs WC and a particularly stylish, fully tiled first floor wet room with Porcelanosa tiling and fittings. The present owner has also improved the second bedroom by creating a mezzanine level which provides a sleeping area with perhaps an office below. The central heating boiler was renewed this year.
The building itself is boldly elevated from Kensington Road and has its own front driveway, accessed from two sides.
This fabulous two-bedroom conversion occupies a quiet yet incredibly convenient West End position and is exceptionally well placed for amenities on Byres Road and Hyndland Road together with excellent transport links and access to both The Botanic Gardens and The University of Glasgow.
• Security entry system at side of the main house (Buzzer 3)
• Communal hallway with private door to House 3
• Reception hall with storage off
• Main bay windowed lounge
• Fitted Clive Christian breakfasting kitchen
• Corner storage cupboard off kitchen housing the boiler
• Private internal stairway leading to first floor landing
• Bay windowed master bedroom with side aspects
• Bedroom two – also to the side with innovative mezzanine level.
• Contemporary re-fitted wet room by Porcelanosa
• Designated parking
• All the grounds surrounding the property are communal however this property has its own garden shed.
Council Tax Band: E
EPC Rating: D
Council Tax Band: E
|Property Type||%||Avg. current value||Avg. # beds||Avg. # bathrooms|
|Property Type||1 Bed||2 Beds||3 Beds||4 Beds||5 Beds|
|Houses||£225,000 (1)||-||£359,333 (9)||£460,000 (2)||£950,000 (2)|
|Flats||£140,357 (14)||£217,348 (46)||£328,815 (27)||£372,833 (6)||£295,000 (1)|
|All||£146,000 (15)||£217,348 (46)||£336,444 (36)||£394,625 (8)||£731,667 (3)|