Seldom available, this generous two-bedroom loft style apartment is set within The Orient Building in Cowcaddens, on the North edge of Glasgow’s City Centre. Originally completed in 1895, it was designed by William J. Anderson, dean of Architecture at Glasgow School of Art and built with pioneering new building techniques of the time using a steel frame and concrete floors. The landmark a-listed building was restored and converted to eight high specification residential dwellings with underground parking circa 2002-2005. The location offers easy access for both the Merchant City and the West End. This lovely apartment spans over 1500 sq ft and is situated on the third floor, it has open aspects from a decorative arched window feature with double doors to a narrow balcony, providing an abundance of natural light. The spacious accommodation includes an open plan living/dining room of over 27ft vaulted ceiling and recessed kitchen separated by a breakfasting peninsula, there are two spacious double bedrooms, and the apartment has Junckers hard wood flooring throughout the living spaces, plus Linn wall speakers in all main rooms. There is excellent internal and external storage including a utility cupboard housing the washer dryer and an allocated locked cupboard in the communal hallway. The bathroom has underfloor heating, there is Hyperoptic high-speed fibre broadband, which is ideal for those working from home and the property further benefits from an allocated underground car parking space.
• Security entry system; communal entrance with lift and stair access to all levels.
• Steel main door with porthole; welcoming L-shaped reception hallway with quality wood flooring.
• Impressive open plan living/dining/kitchen area of over 36 ft with quality wood flooring, arched window and doors to balcony and two further large windows offering natural light and aspects south and west.
• Open plan kitchen is set back from the living space and is complete with a range of base and wall mounted units, integrated appliances and a separate utility cupboard housing the washer dryer
• There is a stylish and spacious five-piece bathroom complete with bath, walk in shower, basin, floating toilet and tiled flooring.
• Both double bedrooms are equally sized and have south facing bright aspects.
• The property has gas central heating, great storage and an allocated car parking space in the building’s underground car park.
Located on the north edge of Glasgow City Centre, an area of Glasgow which has benefitted from significant redevelopment in the last few decades with both commercial developments and exclusive residential buildings. This prominent location is central to a wealth of Glasgow's city amenities and cultural attractions, with the Theatre Royal, Glasgow Piping Centre and Royal Conservatoire all nearby. There is both general and specialist shopping, wine bars and many highly acclaimed restaurants as well as easy access to both the Merchant City and Glasgow’s West End. The property is in close proximity to Strathclyde & Caledonian Universities, the Glasgow School of Art, the sec and The Clyde Auditorium in Finnieston. The area benefits from frequent public transport. Central and Queen Street train stations, airport bus links and either Cowcaddens or Buchanan Street subway stations are all less than ten minutes’ away on foot. Public transport and road links are exceptional.
On foot from our office on Bath Street continue east down Bath Street, turning 3rd left onto Hope Street. Proceed north crossing the junction at Cowcaddens Road then turn right down the steps or slope onto McPhater Street. Cross Dunblane Street and you will find the main entrance to No. 6 immediately facing you.
Council Tax Band: G
EPC Rating: B
Council Tax Band: G
|Property Type||%||Avg. current value||Avg. # beds||Avg. # bathrooms|
|Property Type||1 Bed||2 Beds||3 Beds||4 Beds||5 Beds|
|Houses||-||-||£249,000 (1)||£290,000 (3)||-|
|Flats||£119,858 (18)||£163,070 (34)||£202,993 (8)||£150,000 (1)||-|
|All||£119,858 (18)||£163,070 (34)||£208,105 (9)||£255,000 (4)||-|