13th Jul 2022
13th Jul 2022
- Type: Detached house
- Bedrooms: 3
- Listing status: sale
- Country: Scotland
• A superb Detached family House.
• Faultlessly presented, very impressively equipped.
• Three Public Rooms plus ‘twin’ Home Office.
• Three Double Bedrooms and three Shower Rooms (two en-suite).
• Kitchen, large Utility, Guest WC.
• UPVc double glazing, gas central heating, alarm.
• Garage (electric door), Car Port, Summer House.
• Landscaped corner garden with two driveways.
• Elevated position affords some fine views.
• Craigdhu Primary and Douglas Academy catchment.
An early post-war (WW2) Detached House by John Lawrence in the Nethermains area of Milngavie. An immaculately presented and superbly appointed property our clients have owned the house for some 26 years and in that time have comprehensively, and consistently, upgraded, improved, maintained as well as extended the house. The result is one of the smartest homes we have had the pleasure to represent.
The property was extended twice - firstly in 2001 to add the family room and then, in 2008, to provide a new location for the kitchen. In 2004 what had been a balcony off the main bedroom was made into an Ensuite – such a sensible move and one very successfully executed. Originally designed with an integral garage this was converted, by a previous owner, into a room – our clients have developed this further, and very cleverly so, into a two section Home Office on two levels (see floor plan). This is such a sensible idea and provides separated work areas for two people. Increasingly such home working facilities are in demand. To substitute this former garage a new garage was built, along with a secondary driveway to the rear of the gardens plot.
The house sits proudly on a corner garden and being slightly elevated provides some lovely views to The Campsie Fells hill range and the summit of Dumgoyne. As clients will see from our imagery the subjects are very tastefully decorated and incudes high quality floor coverings including solid oak, engineered oak, quality luxury vinyl flooring, tile, and carpet. Ceiling cornice is featured in all rooms, only the entrance vestibule and the boxroom do not. The house is double glazed with white framed UPVc units (with two feature leaded windows in the lounge are not) and there is an efficient gas central heating system with a renewed Ideal Vogue C40 Gen 2 combination boiler. The house is alarmed. The garage has a remote-controlled garage door and has power and light installed (the garage has been sub-divided to create three areas, including a Workshop with rear door). As detailed earlier there is a Summer House.
• Entrance Vestibule.
• Reception Hall – A good sized hall featuring dado rail.
• Rear Hall – Leads to the kitchen and the utility room and features a deep walk-in coats/boot cupboard.
• Lounge – A fine room with bay window to the front and two original single glazed arched leaded windows to the side, set either side of a central fireplace into which there is a wood burning stove (wood store in rear garden).
• Dining Room – A good sized room, this is arranged on an open plan basis to the family room.
• Family Room – The 2001 extension and a lovely room with double aspect – French doors, with side screens, to the rear garden (south) and an east facing side window. Additionally, there are two Velux windows set into the pitch of the roof. A really bright room.
• Kitchen – The 2008 extension. Very smartly renewed with an extensive compliment of New England style units, in grey, with a marble style worktop with upstand, peninsula leg with breakfast bar. Inset into the worksurfaces are two white enamel sinks (one a small ‘prep’ sink) with mixer taps by Villeroy & Boch. With windows on two sides (south and west) and a double-glazed back door it is a bright room with high ceiling. Appliances include a black stove, by Rangemaster, with five burner gas hob, and an integrated dishwasher by Hotpoint.
• Utility Room – A good sized utility. Traditionally styled cupboard units are finished in the same grey colour as the kitchen and have the same marble style worktops above which, this time, are white ‘Metro’ wall tiles.
• Home Office – This is such a clever space that our clients reconfigured in 2020 from the original conversion. On two levels the ‘main office’ is on the lower level and features a bay window to the front. The smaller ‘upper office’ takes borrowed light from an opening set within the dividing wall.
• WC – With a contemporary modern white suite. Understair storage cupboard.
• A return flight staircase ascends to a spacious upper hall with window and there is a glazed ceiling hatch to the property’s attic.
• Bedroom 1 – A lovely main bedroom, with a fine view, featuring a row of fitted wardrobes along one wall.
• Ensuite Shower Room – Impressively renewed this features a three-piece suite including a shower enclosure with powerful thermostatic shower with both deluge and hand shower heads. ‘Metro’ tiling in the cubicle and behind the wash hand basin. There is a ‘floating’ wall mounted cabinet. Chrome towel radiator.
• Bedroom 2 – With a broad front facing window with a super view to The Campsies. An ensuite shower room has been formed within Bedroom 2 and done so very well.
• Ensuite Shower Room – Also very well finished with a modern contemporary white suite and another enclosure with a thermostatic shower. ‘Metro’ tiling again with a striking patterned floor tile.
• Bedroom 3 – Rear facing. Another generous double room with a broad window.
• Shower Room – The family shower room (formerly a bathroom) has been renewed with a further modern white suite, including walnut style bathroom furniture, featuring a further ‘floating’ vanity wall cabinet. The shower enclosure has an electric shower (Mira Jump). Chrome towel radiator.
• Boxroom – A useful space, with window. Could be used for storage or as is, as a small study space. Fitted wall shelves.
As with the house, the garden is very impressively maintained. Its broad frontage is defined by a low-level wall behind which is a lawn sweeping around the side of the house, interspersed with a selection of pruned/shaped trees. A broad monobloc driveway takes up to four cars and leads to a very good-sized car port to the side of the property (power and light here). Gates secure the rear garden.
The rear garden, including a side area, is enclosed by fencing and is very private. It includes a stone flagged sun patio and pathways. Well maintained lawn and established planting for privacy.
The detached single garage (electric door) has the separate, second, driveway (drive would take two cars) and is sectioned into three areas. These divisions can easily be removed if required to once again, accommodate a car.
There is a large Summerhouse/Garden Studio.
The Nethermains district of Milngavie is certainly one of the area’s most popular. It is situated just to the southwest of the village centre and is therefore within easy reach of its pedestrianised precinct and the excellent array of shops and services to be found there. Along with quality independent retailers, here you will find a Boots, Marks & Spencer Foodhall and at the far end of the Precinct, a Tesco. Nearer still, at the Burnbrae Retail Park is a large Waitrose Store and an Aldi. Milngavie is undoubtably one of Glasgow’s foremost residential districts and noted particularly for the quality of its schooling. The catchment for this property being Craigdhu Primary and the highly regarded Douglas Academy. Within Milngavie, is the Preparatory School for The Glasgow Academy and the recently opened Oakburn Early Years Learning Centre. Milngavie Railway Station provides regular links into the West End and City Centre including a service through to Edinburgh Waverley.
Sat nav ref: G62 6NH
Council Tax Band G
EPC Band D
EPC Rating: D
Council Tax Band: G
Local info for G62